International carriers and global enterprise customers are looking for solutions to help them migrate from expensive private lines and legacy networks to secure broadband IP networks.
- Global enterprise customers want to implement cost-effective methods for reducing Information Technology (IT) capital and operating expenditures. They hope to do this by leveraging the global IP infrastructure to provide secure connectivity to remote locations world-wide.
- International carriers require a cost-effective, secure IP solution that is easy to deploy and manage.
- Global enterprise customers want to maintain a high level of Virtual Private Network (VPN) service reliability and availability that provides 24 x 7 protection for their IT and intranet assets.
- Enterprise IT operators need reliable tools to remotely control user access and to manage limited bandwidth.
- Both international carriers and global enterprise customers want to simplify VPN network roll-out by reducing the number of deployed network elements, without compromising the quality of operation and service.
The Encore Networks BANDIT™ IP+Legacy VPN product line offers international carriers and global customers a streamlined, one-box alternative to other multi-vendor solutions on the market today. With its ELIOS™ operating system, built-in dual serial ports, IP routing, IPSec (IP security) VPN functionality, dynamic stateful inspection firewall, legacy protocol support, and internal dial backup modem, the BANDIT™ enables international carriers and global customers to quickly and inexpensively tap into markets where VPN solutions over broadband IP networks are the order of the day.
The multi-function BANDIT™ includes such a comprehensive set of features and flexible physical interfaces, that it replaces the need to deploy the multiple products normally required to provide FRAD, IP router, IP+Legacy VPN gateway, and dial backup modem functions. The result is a streamlined, cost-effective network that is easy to set up, operate, and maintain.
- IPSec encryption standards compliance that allows secure VPN access between the corporate LAN and the remote offices
- Interoperates with other IPSec clients and switching appliances
- Interconnects with existing legacy networks — such as X.25, SNA, bisync, and BPS — over IP
- Supports up to 100 VPN tunnels
- Single platform ELIOS™ operating system that integrates a stateful inspection firewall with IP filtering, Network Address Translation (NAT), RIP V1/V1, and DHCP
- Includes a DMZ LAN port for access to the public Internet
- Hardware-accelerated VPN capability that enables fast DES and 3DES encryption
- Ensures “always on” connectivity via a built-in V.90 modem for dial backup
- Provides network management capabilities via telnet or supervisory port for remote access to configuration, diagnostics, and management tools
- Provides guaranteed SNMP trap delivery that alerts operators to Quality of Service (QoS) events and network outages
The Encore Networks BANDIT™ product line is the best solution on the market today for international carrier and global customers who want to build secure broadband IP networks. Its strong price/performance/functionality ratio makes it a winner when compared with other VPN solutions in the same class.
- It is a one-box solution that consolidates several networking functions — FRAD, IP router, VPN gateway, and dial backup modem.
- It enables a Cap and Grow strategy for a smooth migration path from private lines to secure, standards-based IP broadband networks.
- It is an ideal site-to-multi-site solution that can support up to 100 remote connections.
- The standard, built-in V.90 modem ensures high service availability.
- No additional software licensing fees are charged for VPN tunnel support.
- Plug-and-play capability and extensive diagnostic tools simplify deployment, maintenance, and network management.